Doctor in the House
If you are looking for a GP who makes it her business to help women going through transitions such as menopause, then Dr. Samantha Newman is the woman for you!
Based in Napier, Dr Newman is a veritable bundle of knowledge, energy and compassion and is totally committed to helping women with their health and wellbeing.
Dr. Newman and I have got to know each other over the past few months since she found out about NatFem. Since then she invited me to speak at a talk she gave for women about menopause, and even more recently she got me on her radio show on Radio Kidnappers as a guest, as she was keen for listeners to know about NatFem.
INTERVIEW LINK: I've put a link to our discussion here
Here is a link to her clinic, Female GP. You can also purchase NatFem there.
Here is a link to Dr. Newman's Radio Kidnappers other interviews - here.
She offers appointments in-person and virtually via her FemaleGP clinic. Here is a list of health conditions she sees at her clinic.
- Contraceptive advice and procedures (eg IUD, Mirena and Jadelle)
- Peri-menopause and menopause
- Premenstrual syndrome, premenstrual dysphoric disorder and premenstrual exacerbation
- Vulval skin concerns
- Emergency copper contraceptives
- Urinary incontinence, prolapse and pessaries
- Pelvic Pain
- General gynaecology
- Female sexual health issues
- Fertility – pre conception advice and infertility consultations
- Postnatal perineal examination/pelvic floor assessments